Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Holidays

Everyone waits all year for the holidays but to me the holidays are about having fun, seeing friends, and spending time with family. The holidays really begin when we get off of school. Every year i look forward to meeting new people and the cold :). For a lot of people getting presents are a huge part of the holidays. Although i love getting presents, i think the part that really makes the holidays for me is the big family meal and everyone in the cold, around a bon fire. I feel like these parts are what keeps us grateful, everyone together without  technology or any of todays modern day distractions. Every year in my family it feels like there is something new we celebrate. After the holidays have ended spending time with your friends really makes you feel good. I know that after the holidays i love going out with my friends in orlando and just enjoying ourselves.The holidays are the best time to really understand what great of a life you have and how you can help others, i guess you could say every time i return from the holidays I'm proud to say i have learned something. This year the holidays helped me realize that even though i don"t have everything in the world, i have exactly what i need and my family is a huge part of it. This is what the holidays really is for me, fun and a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment